What Small Businesses should consider when moving to the cloud
Small businesses are looking at the trend of moving to “the cloud”. There are many tried and true world class solutions, but that doesn’t mean they are right for your small business. SECURE ITnet has found there are some things that can be managed more effectively by our clients internally. Most often a hybrid model is more efficient for small businesses.
You can trust SECURE ITnet’s proven experience to help pick the right set of cloud solutions to move your business in the right direction.
There are many things to consider when moving key components of your business to the cloud.
- What will the speed of service be and do they have an uptime guarantee?
- How does this affect my current software licenses?
- Will there be compatibility issues?
- Is there compensation for downtime?
- How could this affect my business continuity?
- How will I optimize my environment?
- Who will trouble-shoot issues?
- Who will handle vendor disputes?
- How will I optimize my local and cloud environment?
- If I opt out, how will I get my data back?
Just like determining the best cloud applications and environments takes due diligence, you must do the same when looking for a vendor to partner with for your cloud services. You will want to be sure you consider your post implementation strategy and consider the following:
- Who will manage your cloud environment?
- Who will do the system & application administration?
- How will I maintain current and adequate cyber cloud security?
- How will I migrate my data to the cloud and what will that cost?
- Have I performed a cloud viability assessment?
- Does this move fit into our cloud strategy?
- What will our cloud architecture and design look like?
- Who will do our system monitoring and reporting?
At SECURE ITnet we don’t view your business in silos.
We take the time to understand your total environment and how things are connected. Our Vendor Management program coupled with managed services for your in-house technology make us the number one choice of many shrewd cloud shoppers.
Companies, now more than ever, need to concentrate on their core competencies. Moving applications to the cloud allows access from virtually anywhere. It allows you to synchronize content across multiple devices. It can help with cash flow and eliminates large outputs of cash. Moving to the cloud can also increase collaboration across departments, units and geographies as well as help with security, viruses and spam.
In a world where everyone seems to be offering cloud computing, SECURE ITnet offers you bespoke services to ensure that all the advantages of moving to “the cloud” are realized.